Thursday, July 2, 2015

Changes Everywhere

I cannot believe all of the changes since my last blog post.  I've contemplated about some life choices so many times I can't even remember all of the past decisions I've come to.  The end goal was basically the same, but the journeys varied.  I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get there.  I know that seems quite vague, but let me explain a little of where I'm at.  I'm happily married, and we currently have no kids.  I work part-time at a retail job that I started 6 months ago.  I have updated my Amway business and new selling site (amway.com/stephanieh).  The salon part is where I'm at a major crossroads in this journey.  I quit working at the last salon about 9 months ago and have been delayed with starting at a different one, for various reasons.  I've been having such a strong desire to open my own salon, day spa, and boutique...for many years actually (as I mentioned in my 1st blog post).  It's almost unbearable to work at anyone else's salon because I've grown so impatient to start mine.  I feel very fortunate that my husband, from day one, has supported and shared this dream with me.  It will be a family-owned business (started by my husband and I) that will start small and grow as business prospers, in order to keep the business debt low or non-existent.  This means we have to save like crazy, which is very difficult in this economy (as you know)...but this is a dream we are determined to fulfill.  So in the meantime, we will work the other parts of our career paths...for now, there aren't many desirable salon opportunities available, but if I decide to work at one temporarily I will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment